Different types of Shingle Roofs –
Below are the different types of Shingle Roofs
- Three Tab Shingle – Three-tab shingles are thin and inexpensive, but they have a lifespan of 25 years, but of course, it will be significantly less here in Florida. These shingles are suitable for homeowners on a budget or contractors building inexpensive homes. 3-tab shingles are not as attractive as the dimensional and luxury shingles. It can only withstand 60 – 97 MPH and will easily blow off. It also does not age well. It will still protect your home from the elements if you are on a budget.
- Architectural Shingles
- Dimensional shingles have two layers of shingle material bonded together, giving them a three-dimensional appearance.
- The difference between architectural shingles and three-tab shingles is that architectural shingles aren’t made with cutouts. They also contain extra asphalt, which gives it more curves than three-tab shingles.
- Architectural Shingles will withstand winds from 100 – 130 mph
- They will have better warranties than a three-tab
- Last longer than three-tab
- The price of wood shingles falls right between affordable asphalt shingles and more expensive tile shingles. Wood Shingles are tapered by sawing, whereas shake is not, so the result of a wood shake roof is highly textured by comparison.
- Woods shingles are energy efficient
- Last roughly 30 years
- Environmentally friendlyOne of the most significant drawbacks of wood shingles is they’re more likely to catch fire than other shingle materials. The wood shingles’ installation process can be rather tricky for the untrained. Also, I want to take preventative measures to keep your roof from suffering from the ravages of termites and mold.Some repairs that come with owning wood shingles include cracked, missing, broken, or warped shingles. In most situations, you will need to replace the wood shingles because they can’t be repaired quickly.Always hire a licensed and insured roofing contractorhttp://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/
- Hope this helped with you learning more on the different types of shingle roofs