How Roof Cleaning Can Extend the Life of Your RoofJuly 17, 2018
How Long Does a Florida Roof Last?July 24, 2018
My Florida Roofing Contractor in Vero Beach prides itself on being a transparent and helpful roofing company. We know when you search “roofing near me,” you are looking not just for competence but also customer service. We believe that educating our customers on what we do helps them feel more in control of the work that we do and it gives them an understanding of the level of customer service that we commit ourselves to. If you are interested in learning more about our services or if you have been searching “roofing companies near me,” contact us at My Florida Roofing Contractor today.
Terms to Know
Certain terms can help our customers feel better informed about their roofing process. These are basic terms, but they can provide the foundation for their furthered understanding.
- Elongation: This term refers to the amount of extension that an object can have when it is placed under stress. The way that this is typically expressed is through a percentage of its ability to be stretched without breaking. This is one of two critical testing methods for all core samples. It is necessary because, as with any building, there is going to be shifting and movement that occurs naturally. The roof is going expand and contract with temperature shifts, and the roof must be capable of adapting to this shifting.
- Tensile Strength: This term refers to the actual resistance of a particular material to breaking when it is exposed to a certain amount of pressure. This term, along with elongation, is critical to the testing process for roofing.
- Puncture Resistance: This is a term that measures the ability of a roof to handle the intrusion of a particular foreign object. This term is significant because roofs are subject to a lot of debris from storms and other issues. It is important that their ability to withstand this debris is tested.
- Permeance: This term deals with the material’s ability to allow liquids or gases to pass through it. This is particularly important when it comes to the roof’s waterproofing abilities.
- Adhesion: This term refers to the action or process of adhering to another object or a particular surface. This deals with its resistance over time to wind uplift which happens over time. It is important for the roof to maintain an effective seal and to keep strength in the seams to provide proper waterproofing to the roof.
Are You Searching “Roofing Near Me”?
If you are searching for “roofing near me,” we at My Florida Roofing Contractor can be your resource. We know the value of having our customers be aware of what goes into roofing. We want our customers to feel knowledgeable about the roofing materials that they select, and we want them to understand why each part is important.
My Florida Roofing Contractor in Vero Beach is your answer for “roofing companies near me.” We work hard with our customers to repair and replace roofs, and we know how to make sure that we provide value and quality each time. If you are searching for “roofing companies near me,” contact us at My Florida Roofing Contractor.