The Challenges of Flat Roof Repair in Vero Beach, FLDecember 3, 2018
How To Choose Your Residential Roofing ContractorDecember 10, 2018
Do you own an older home or notice that your roof may need some TLC? It is a good idea to make sure you are on top of roof maintenance and roof tile repair. However, what if you are completely clueless when it comes to the specifics? Here at My Florida Roofing Contractor, we are roofing contractors in Vero Beach who is here to show you what to keep an eye out for.
What Are The Red Flags?
If you think it is time to replace your roof, chances are, that is exactly the case. It is important to be aware of the many red flags before you call a contractor. There are a lot of cases when a homeowner figures they need a new roof after they spot a leak in their ceiling. While this needs to be treated immediately. It does not necessarily mean the roof needs to be replaced. There are many factors that it could be. This leak could be due to many different roofing problems. But, what factors determine whether a roof repair will solve the problem or the house needs a roof replacement?
Reasons Your Home Needs Roof Tile Repair
- Roof age
- How old is your existing asphalt shingle roof? Most experts agree that a typical roof will last between 20 and 25 years. It also depends on whether the old roof was removed and you only have one layer of shingles, and if it is properly ventilated. If the roof was installed over another layer or several layers and it is older than 20 years, chances are you need a new roof.
- Shingles curling and buckling
- Shingles that are curled or buckling are another sign that you may need a new roof. Look at the slopes of your home that get direct sunlight, and if you notice the shingles are curling and losing granules, it could mean the shingles are past their life expectancy. There could also be a possibility that the roof is defective. Contact a licensed roofing contractor to see if you could be eligible for reimbursement.
- Roof valleys
- If your roof shingles are falling apart or missing in this area, it’s a definite sign you need a new roof. Valleys are one of the most critical areas of your roof. Snow and rain flow through valleys and into gutters. If the valley is compromised, you could be susceptible to roof leaks.
- Missing shingles
- These are another sign your roof could be failing. Check to see if all of the shingle “tabs” are intact.
- Chimney flashing
- This is another area to be concerned about. If your flashing consists of roof cement or tar, it may need to be replaced with a long-term, water-tight fitting, which would be a metal flashing system.
- Shingle granules in the gutters
- Look in your gutters to see whether they are loaded up with shingle granules. Roofs tend to lose more granules toward the end of their life cycle. Inconsistent or darker color on some parts of the roof is another sign the granules have worn away.
- Daylight through the roof boards
- You notice a spongy feel or trampoline bounce when walking on the roof, which means the underlying decking is weakened from moisture. Check your attic to see if there is any daylight coming through the roof boards. Also, check for moisture in the insulation.
Contact Us Today
If you are interested in roof tile repair, we are the best choice for your home. My Florida Roofing Contractor is professional roofing contractors located in Vero Beach. Call or contact us today for more information.