Finding the Best Roofing ContractorOctober 10, 2019
Choosing a Roof Color for your homeOctober 24, 2019
Do you have a Roof Insurance Claim – we can help with that!
Hail storm damage Vero Beach
Wind and Hail causes damages to roofs and these account for about 40% of home insurance claims.
Having roof damage and having to work with contractor and your insurance company can be daunting.
- I f you have the date of the hail or high winds and a name ( if storm)
- Pictures would be awesome
- When you make the call to insurance to find out if you need temporary repairs or tarp – how is that handled
- Also find out if they pay for the damages what payment terms are given – ( you need this to ask the contractor,if they will accept those payment terms)
Do you have a roof insurance claim – here are more tips
- If damage exists and it’s more than your deductible – File an insurance claim
- Get an estimate from a licensed roofing contractor
- Meet with Insurance Adjuster and the roofer ( if possible)
- Get the first check from insurance (if coverage applies)
- Have the roofing contractor repair/ replace your roof
- Get the second check from insurance
- A good practice is to get a lien waiver or a final payment affidavit.
If hail damage – After the storm – grab your phone and take pictures!!!
- Hail stones covering the yard, sidewalk and patios.
- Hail stones set next to a tape measure.
The size of a hail stone is directly proportional to the potential for damage to the roof and shingles.
- Roof – looking for obvious signs of roof damage such as missing or torn shingles.
When hiring a roofing contractor
Do you have a roof insurance claim
Call us we are happy to help you with any questions 772-453-7219