Roof RepairsApril 20, 2018
Commercial RoofingMay 11, 2018
The best way to get the most from you commercial roof in Indian River County is by utilizing a preventative care maintenance program. Regular commercial roof roof inspections with a detailed checklist can lower your overall repair and replacement costs by 45% and extend the life of your commercial roof from 13 years to 25 years. A commercial roof in Indian River County should be inspected twice a year to include
- A roof inspection of all penetrations should be done to ensure that all penetrations are properly sealed.
- Clearing of any blockage of drains and downspouts this is one of the most important part of the roof , since it ensures that water does not build up on the roof
- Inspect parapet walls, cap metal, all wall flashing.
- Skylights and domes should be checked for corrosion and condensation if and if they’re not noticed in a timely manner, damage can occur to the underlayment, sheathing, and joists, leading to potentially expensive repair of installment cost.
- When roofs are not inspected regularly, interior structural damage can occur. Often, due to lack of regular maintenance, interior damage is the first to be noticed. On sloped roofs, the location of the damage may not directly point to the location of the leak. Water follows the path of least resistance, which means the source of the leak is often not above the visible damage. If a leak has been left to linger, rafter and roof trusses should be checked for evidence of mold, mildew and rot, which could indicate extensive structural damage.
- The best time to schedule an inspection for your commercial roof in Indian River County , right after the installation , then you can put an inspection schedule in place and it should be followed.
- Roofs are designed to last for several years, but the harsh weather conditions from the Florida sun and regular hurricanes, can quickly cause issues that can be caught from a regular and consistent inspection program
- Find a Florida commercial roofing contractor https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=0&SID=
- Check out other blogs https://myflroofingcontractor.com/reflective-roof-coating/
Commercial Roof in Indian River County