Roof Inspection or Roof EstimateSeptember 1, 2017
Why Roof Tiles are Better than Other Roofing Materials?September 29, 2017
questions to ask before hiring a roofer
Here are some questions to ask before hiring a roofer in Vero Beach or Sebastian. Do you have a roof leak ? are you desperate to do your roof repair before the hurricane hits? Do your research before hiring a roofing contractor – Don’t just hire Chuck in a Truck because he is the cheapest roofer or because you are desperate to have your roof repairs done.
Here are some questions to ask before hiring a roofer
- Does the roofer you hold a current roofing license. Roofer may have a state of Florida license or an Indian River County Roofing License ( Specialty license) lIcenLicense)http://www.irccdd.com/building_division/Licensing/Exam_Outlines.htm
- Is he an insured roofer ( Proof should be available).
- Does the roofer have a local address in Vero Beach or Indian River County and phone number – This is typical in Florida after a hurricane , there are many out of town roofing contractors , who leave once the work is done and do not honor their warranty
- questions to ask before hiring a roofer – will you remove old roof? You want them to remove the old roof , that way the roofer can inspect the wood to see if there are any soft spots or rotted wood beneath the current shingles. Don’t let a roofer place a new roof on your home until they have taken up the old roof.
- Will the roofer install new drip edge
- Will the roofer have someone that you can communicate with about your roofing project
- Should bad wood be discovered , what will be the cost to change the bad wood
- Will you get a detailed written estimates, which states the type and brand of shingles or tiles that you are getting , the cost of wood
- Did your roofer include misc. cost – such as: permitting and waste removal
- Where will the roofer place the dumpster – if in the driveway – will your driveway be protected
- Whether in Vero Beach or Sebastian -Ask us a question – 772-453-7219