Reflective Roof CoatingFebruary 9, 2018
Roof ShinglesFebruary 23, 2018
The Metal Roofing code changes for the 2017 sixth edition Florida Building Code. There has been some changes to the installation on metal roofs, as roofing contractors , in Vero Beach , we install all roofs with a permit and with full compliance with the Florida Building Code. The installation of metal roofs should comply with section 1507.4 & R905.10. Metal roof panels shall be factory or field manufactured in accordance with the manufacturers’ Product Approval specifications and limitations of use. Metal roofing panels shall be factory or field manufactured under a quality assurance program that is audited by a third – party quality assurance entity approved by the Florida Building Commission for that purpose. Aluminum Zinc coated fasteners are are acceptable for aluminum Zinc Coated Roofs. This has changed – Aluminum fasteners are acceptable for all aluminum roofs attached to aluminum support , Section 1507.44. Stainless stell fasteners are acceptable for metal roofs.
Metal Roofing – Vero Beach
Advantages of Metal Roofs
- Metal roofs can last 40-70 years. Asphalt shingle roofing materials have an estimated life expectancy of about 20 years.
- Some metal roofs can sustain a 140 mile per hour wind , will not corrode or crack.
- Metal roofs will not spark and ignite during a lightning strike.
- Metal roofs reflect heat so it can reduce cooling costs by 10-25%.
- Metal roofs but are also 100% recyclable at the end of their life as a roof. Asphalt shingle tear-off usually ends up as waste
Disadvantages of Metal Roofs
- Metal roofs tend to be as much as two or three times more expensive than an asphalt shingle roof.
- Metal roofs can be noisy during heavy rains – this can be solved by adding insulation which usually increase the cost.
- Poor installation may cause rust when water accumulates on your roof – make sure you hire a licensed and insured contractor https://myflroofingcontractor.com/contact/
- Contact us My Florida Roofing Contractor 772-453-7219
- Verify a license https://www.myfloridalicense.com/wl11.asp?mode=0&SID=