Choosing a roof color for your home can be a tough decision,especially when you realize that whether it’s a tile, shingle or metal roof, they all are available in a plethora of colors. Unlike choosing a paint color ( which can be change easily) you will have to live with the roof color for at least 15 – 20 years.
Your roof is one of the most important part of your not only does it protect your home but it is a huge part of the aesthetic home. ensure that your home looks beautiful. To make the best decision consider the style of your home, the look that you want to achieve, and the weather where you live. With Owens Corning Design Eye Q – you can upload a picture of your home to see what the shingles would look like https://www.owenscorning.com/roofing/roof-visualizer?src=rfg
1. Where do you live? When choosing a roof color for your home – take in consideration your climate. A light color roof deflects sunlight and help keep temperatures down in hotter climates, – some studies state the percentage is so minuscule (2%) you don’t feel the difference . Hey! I am from Florida – I will take the 2%.
If you are going with aesthetics then – a dark gray or black roof will look good with a gray or blue house while. A beige or yellow home looks great with a desert tan.
2. Your architectural style – a dark color will make your home appear smaller, conversely a light color gives the appearance of a larger home
3. Do you have a BOLD or QUIRKY – Personality, let it show and pick an unusual color combination for your home. Check out the new Owens Corning Color https://www.owenscorning.com/roofing/design-inspire/color-of-the-year
Just a word of caution , when picking roof color, think about how long you plan on living in the home and resale value. If you are not thinking of living there for a long time, pick a safe neatral color and maybe upgrade to a Metal Roof.
4. Neighborhood and Community Some Homeowners association have specific requirements for the type of roof that the home owner can install.
Choosing a roof color for your home is tough – we are here to make it easier – give us a call at My Florida Roofing Contractor
5. Whether you go with Tile, Shingle or Metal will affect the choice of color as well https://myflroofingcontractor.com/common-residential-roof-types/
Choosing a roof color for your home is tough – we are here to make it easier – give us a call at My Florida Roofing Contractor.